- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
Vegetable & kidney bean feastIf you are preparing this recipe for a baby unable to tolerate whole cows' milk, please read the special cautionary notes below.
- 350g (12oz) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 75g (2.5oz) broccoli florets
- 100g (3.5oz) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 60g (2oz) tinned kidney beans, unsalted
- 20g margarine*
- 2 tbsp your baby's usual milk*
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya. If your baby is following a strict vegetarian diet, make sure their usual milk is suitable for vegetarians.
*If your baby is following a milk free diet, just use the formula suitable for your baby's special diet as directed by your Healthcare Professional. Please make sure the margarine you use is milk free too. Vegetable oil can be used as an alternative.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots.
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Pop the carrot and potatoes into a saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook until tender (approx 20 minutes).
- Steam the broccoli florets until tender (7-8 minutes).
- Drain the kidney beans and rinse well. Cover with cold water and heat gently for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the carrot, potatoes and kidney beans, and mix together with the broccoli, milk and margarine.
- Chop into little pieces to serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.