- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Tasty tuna & veg bakeSuitable from 10 months+
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ small onion (prepared weight approx. 50g/2oz), peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery (prepared weight approx. 25g/1oz), chopped
- 1 large red pepper (prepared weight approx. 150g/5oz), deseeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper (prepared weight approx. 125g/4oz), deseeded and chopped
- 1 large courgette (prepared weight approx. 200g/7oz), trimmed and chopped
- 250g (8oz) risotto rice
- 1 litre (1¾ pints) boiling water
- 185g can tuna fish in spring water (130g/4½oz drained weight)
- 10 basil leaves
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes.
Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Put the oil, onion and celery in a large pan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the chopped peppers and courgette, put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the rice then add 500ml (1 pint) of boiling water and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in more water after about 10 minutes and cook for another 10 minutes before adding the tuna fish and tearing in the basil leaves.
- Leave for 5 minutes. Put the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse a few times so that the mixture looks like it's been chopped into small chunky pieces, suitable for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.