- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Tasty tuna pastaSuitable from 10 months+
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ small onion (prepared weight approx. 50g/2oz), peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot (prepared weight approx. 125g/4oz), peeled and diced
- 1 medium courgette (prepared weight approx. 150g /5oz), trimmed and diced
- ½-1 teaspoon dried oregano (or fresh leaves if you have them)
- 200g (7 oz) of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre (1¾ pints) boiling water
- 250g (8oz) penne or other pasta (some pastas contain egg)
- 100g (3½oz) frozen peas
- 185g can tuna fish in spring water (130g/4½oz), drained
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes.
Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Put the oil, onion and carrot in a large pan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes, add the courgette and cook for another few minutes. Stir in the oregano and chopped tomatoes, then pour in 500ml (about 1 pint) of boiling water.
- Bring back to the boil, add the pasta, mix in well then bring to the boil and pour in the rest of the boiling water. Cook, uncovered over a medium heat for 15 minutes, add the peas, then the tuna fish and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Leave for 5 minutes. Put the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse a few times so that the mixture looks like it's been chopped into small chunky pieces, suitable for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.