Equipment to help with weaning
You'll probably have most of what you need in the house, but there are a few things that'll come in handy:
- A few strong plastic spoons (in a bright colour to catch your baby's attention) small enough for a little mouth
- A colourful plastic bowl - preferably with a sucker on the bottom to prevent upsets!
- A few bibs and clean cloths
- A food blender/processor is invaluable for mixing baby food
- Bendy ice-trays for storing baby portions
- A V-shaped cushion (pregnant mums use them sometimes) ideal for propping up a baby who is just beginning to wean.