Baby development and behaviour

Forum:

What’s your bright spark been up to?

Your baby’s becoming a real little character now! Just think about all the incredible things they’ve learnt since they were born. Use this forum to discover great new ways to encourage their growth and find out how other mums are getting on.

Join our forums now

NEW Community Feedback and Suggestions forum

We’re looking to make some improvements to our Community, but before we do, we’d love to hear from you to understand what you like, dislike or wish you could have from our Community. Whatever your opinion or suggestion, just go to Feedback and Suggestions to have your say to help us make it even better.

Back to topics

babys weight

shellyb 11 years ago
hi just been to the clinic to have my little boy weighed 12 days ago he was 12lb 2ozs today hes only 12lb 3ozs which has made me go into a state of panic he normally puts on at least 7oz and the health visitor was questioning me which made me feel really bad the only think i can think of he is sleeping right through the night a good nine hours before waking for a feed on average he feeds every 4 hours so in effect hes is missing two feeds not sure if this could be why health visitor has advised i go back again next monday to have him weighed again if he has not put on sufficient weight they will get him checked out also when you go to have him weighed they tell you to leave his clothes on then other times strip him to his nappy which may be why his weight is not correct also this week it was a trainee weighing the babys so i dont if the scales were set properly last time told to leave clothes on this time to strip him off my husband has complained about this and says next time we will just take his clothes no matter what they say he is still on the line in his growth chart so my sister has told me to calm down any advice?

Heart this
Report This

Get in touch on the go

iphone app

Looking for something else?