Other mums forum

Forum:
Mums other

Other mums forum

Want to ask mums something else?

Whether you’re looking for general advice or information, have something you’d like to sell or you just fancy a chat, this forum is for you. So join in with other mums today and share what’s on your mind.

Join our forums now

NEW Community Feedback and Suggestions forum

We’re looking to make some improvements to our Community, but before we do, we’d love to hear from you to understand what you like, dislike or wish you could have from our Community. Whatever your opinion or suggestion, just go to Feedback and Suggestions to have your say to help us make it even better.

Back to topics

my mumand breast cancer

louby_lou 11 years ago
My mum is going into hospital on monday to have a mastectomy for cancer that has returned after 3 years. She is handling it suprisingly well, whether she putting a brave face on it for the families sake i just dont know.. I feel so helpless all i can do is offer her support.Im also wandering whether to have the familial blood test to see if i have the gene as there is a history of breast cancer in the family. All im hearing at the moment on the t.v is breast cancer and im finding it pretty hard to deal with having 4 daughters aged 8yrs, 7yrs, 20mths and 5 mths and having to explain to the older 2 what their nan is going through and telling my 20mnth old she cant jump on her nan. The thing is my mum and dad are so close to my girls they have them every weekend and my mum picks them up from school on a friday and as from monday thats all going to change and my children are all a bit too young to reallly understand why. Is anyone going through anything similar with their mum or someone close that can offer some support and advice on how to deal with my girls.

Heart this
Report This

Get in touch on the go

iphone app

Looking for something else?