post-natal relationships

Forum:
Postnatal relationships

post-natal relationships

No time for friends and family?

With a new baby in your life, it might feel like there’s little time for anyone else. Partners, grandparents and friends often take a backseat, so why not use this forum to share tips and advice and see how other mums have made it work?

Join our forums now

NEW Community Feedback and Suggestions forum

We’re looking to make some improvements to our Community, but before we do, we’d love to hear from you to understand what you like, dislike or wish you could have from our Community. Whatever your opinion or suggestion, just go to Feedback and Suggestions to have your say to help us make it even better.

Back to topics

lack of help from family

shellyb 11 years ago
hi all, i live in a flat and most days stay in unable to get out and have to rely on my husband to get about ,my mom always promised when liam was born that she would help me up and down the stairs with the pram as normally every wednesday we go shopping and my sister comes with my niece whos 3 and her baby who is just a bit younger than liam my sister lives in a house and has a car so has no trouble getting out and about but every wednesday mom always goes to her house and has expected me to meet them at the shops i explained i couldnt get there today as mark couldnt get back to pick me up and drop me off this is happening most weeks and i am the one that needs the help i dont expect mom to help all the time but just to understand what its like to sit in all day every day when they are off all together having a great time she never asked if liam was ok i said he been up all night crying because he had his injections yesterday and she just didnt answer and started talking about my niece and nephew and said she would phone me later so i told her not to bother as she wasnt interested in what i had to say anyway this is really getting me down any advice on what to do greatly appreciated thanks michellexx

Heart this
Report This

Get in touch on the go

iphone app

Looking for something else?