Pregnancy health and concerns

Forum:
Pregnancy health and concerns

pregnancy health concerns

Feeling great one minute, wiped out the next?

It’s natural to feel a bit all over the place during pregnancy. So use this forum to find out how other mums stay happy and healthy and manage to cope with things like morning sickness and heart burn. Got some tips to share? Come and join in!

Join our forums now

NEW Community Feedback and Suggestions forum

We’re looking to make some improvements to our Community, but before we do, we’d love to hear from you to understand what you like, dislike or wish you could have from our Community. Whatever your opinion or suggestion, just go to Feedback and Suggestions to have your say to help us make it even better.

Back to topics

Downs Blood Test?

Lousmart 11 years ago
Hi All, I am waiting for my Downs Blood Test result to see if I need to make the choice about having an amnio or not. The midwife will ring me if I need to this Sunday, otherwise I will just get a letter in a couple of weeks saying I don't. So you can imagine how I am feeling about Sunday, wondering whether or not the phone will ring and it will be the midwife. It would be better I think if she'd not told me what day she would ring.

Has anyone else had to make the amnio choice? I'm worried about the risk of miscarriage from the amnio, and also about how the heck I will make a decision on the future of the baby should the test be positive. I hadn't realised until now how attached I've become to this tiny 17 week old baby and I don't think I could terminate. I know there will be a lot of strong feelings out there, and I don't mean to offend anyone at all, just looking for someone who may have been through this and how they coped?

Thanks in advance, Louise

Heart this
Report This

Get in touch on the go

iphone app

Join the C&G baby club today

new promo recruit

Looking for something else?