Home >Terms & Conditions
1. This Site is produced by Nutricia Limited t/a Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition, Newmarket House, Newmarket Avenue, White Horse Business Park, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 0XQ. (registered company number 00275552) (“Nutricia”), for your information, education and communication. One of our brands is Cow & Gate who provide C&G baby club and in these terms and conditions we refer to ourselves as “C&G baby club”.
2. The Site and its contents are designed to comply with UK laws and regulations and are intended for use by UK residents only. C&G baby club makes no representation that any information contained in this Site is relevant or appropriate to other locations. If you are calling from outside the UK we advise that you speak to your local healthcare professional if you have any questions regarding your pregnancy or baby.
3. This Site offers you the option of viewing information about Cow & Gate products. If you choose to view this information, you are accepting that C&G baby club is supplying this information at your individual request for information and education purposes.
Members of C&G baby club programme
Community Registration1. When you register with the Community, you will be automatically signed up for Community emails and enrolled in our Friend Finder.
2. No personal information will be displayed in the Community or in the Friend Finder except that which you have entered yourself. You are advised to be careful what information you enter into your profile and remember that it may be made public.
Exclusions of liability3. We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the data on the Site is accurate and to correct any errors or omissions as soon as is practical after being notified of them. We do not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted by third parties for posting on the Site and you should be aware that such information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on the Site. We do not guarantee that the Site will be fault-free and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
4. Neither we nor any of our affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss (including third party claims, loss of profits, revenue or goodwill) suffered by you or any third party arising in relation to your use of the Site. Nothing in these terms and conditions is to be interpreted as an attempt to limit or exclude our liability for any personal injury resulting from our negligence or other matter that it would be illegal for us to exclude.
1. We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to the Site, but access to the Site may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
Access to the Site and Content
2. Owing to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet and the number of Users we do not accept responsibility for any inability to access the site.
3. We do not give any warranty that the Site is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
4. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the Content is correct, the Content presented in this Site is provided with the understanding that C&G baby club is not engaged in rendering medical, counselling, legal, or other professional services or advice. The Content is available for information and as an educational tool; it is not intended as medical or healthcare advice and is not intended as a substitute for professional advice relative to a specific condition or questions you may have regarding a medical condition or legal problem. Always seek the advice of your general practitioner or other qualified healthcare professional regarding any medical condition before starting any new treatment or before proceeding on the basis of any Content. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the Content
Intellectual property1. The copyright in the material contained on this Site together with the Site design, text and graphics, and their selection and arrangement belongs to Nutricia. All rights are reserved. Users may download materials for their own personal, non-commercial use, provided all copyright and other proprietary notices are kept intact. The copying, redistribution, re-posting, publication, adaptation or alteration of any part of this Site for any public or commercial purposes is prohibited without written prior permission from Nutricia.
2. The trademarks, logos, characters and service marks (collectively “the Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered or unregistered trademarks of Nutricia. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right in and to the trademarks without the express written permission of Nutricia. Your use of the Trademarks and contents of the Site, except as provided in these terms and conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are advised that Nutricia will aggressively enforce their intellectual property rights in the Site and its contents to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal sanctions.
Data protection1. A variety of information, text, graphics, software and other materials (“Content”) is available on the Site.
2. Nutricia strives to keep the Content that we post on the Site accurate, complete, and up-to-date, but we cannot guarantee, and are not responsible for, the accuracy, integrity, quality, completeness, timeliness, or that it will not be objectionable to you, of any Content.
3. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Nutricia. The use of these images by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or by specific permission elsewhere on the Site. Unauthorised use of images may violate copyright, trademark, privacy and/or publicity laws as well as communications regulations and statutes.
General1. This Site may contain links to other Sites. C&G baby club is not responsible for the content of any other Site or for on-going review of other Sites. The inclusion of any link to such Sites does not imply endorsement by C&G baby club. Your linking to any other Sites is at your own risk. Hyper-linking to this Site, in any manner, is not permitted without C&G baby club’s written permission.
2. C&G baby club does not represent or warrant that this, or any Site to which ours is linked, will be accessible or available on a timely basis, or that access to the same will be uninterrupted or error free.
3. C&G baby club reserves the right to alter or delete material from the Site at any time.
4. C&G baby club may, at any time without notice, revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should, therefore, periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions.
5. C&G baby club may terminate your access to the Site. All disclaimers, indemnities and exclusions in these Terms and Conditions shall survive termination of the agreement between us for any reason.
6. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
7. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, to which both parties submit. C&G baby club reserve the right to alter or update these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR PARTICULAR AREAS OF THE SITE
Live Chat1. C&G baby club will carry out the live chat services provided on our website ("Live Chat") with reasonable skill and care.
2. C&G baby club does not offer specific medical advice on the Live Chat service. For all specific medical advice, please consult your own doctor or health advisor.
3. At the time of your 'chat' you may request a transcript of the conversation by pressing the printer or envelope icon at the top of the chat window.
4. For all specific medical advice, please consult your own doctor or health advisor.
5. C&G baby club will keep a transcript of every “chat” made through Live Chat. This transcript will be kept for 24 months and will be used for training and quality evaluation and in the event of any consumer complaint in relation to the Live Chat service.
6. All Live Chat conversations are completed over a secure transmission and are confidential between the “caller” and C&G baby club unless express permission is given by the “caller”. However, if there is risk of someone being harmed or other unlawful activity, we may have to pass some details onto the authorities.
7. When you are using Live Chat, do not transmit any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or violate any law.
House Rules1. We may control, screen or edit any Content provided by Users that is posted to or from or made available on our Site, including photos. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, in our sole discretion and for any reason, to pre-screen, edit, refuse to accept, or remove or move any Content which has been transmitted to, from or via, or posted on, this Site by a User. We will not be liable for doing this. Any photo which has been submitted with the intention of sharing with friends will be subject to approval by a moderator to prevent offensive or inappropriate content appearing on the site. You can read more about what we consider to be acceptable in the ‘Your Photos’ section of these Terms and Conditions.
2. In order that C&G baby club can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK or international copyright laws, that you have the right to give C&G baby club permission to use it, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16. Any photo submitted must be your own and by posting it you confirm that you have the legal rights to use it. You agree to indemnify C&G baby club for any breach by you of these terms that result in any claim, action or proceeding against C&G baby club or Nutricia Limited and any related costs.
Your Photos1. By modifying your settings, you may choose whether your photos can be viewed by other members. While it is up to you to decide whether your photos can be viewed by any party other than yourself, we advise that you do not post any photo that you do not wish others to see. All Gallery photos which are uploaded to our site must be approved by a moderator before other friends and Users can view them. Profile picture will be moderated after being made public. Any photos we deem inappropriate or offensive will not be approved/removed, and the moderator’s decision is final. We consider a photo inappropriate if it:
- is obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit;
- depicts graphic or gratuitous violence;
- makes threats of any kind or that intimidates, harasses or bullies anyone; or
- is derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, offensive, or hateful.2. This list is not exhaustive and should the moderator believe any photo to be inappropriate for any reason then the photo shall not be uploaded or, if already uploaded, removed.
2. You may not:
- upload or share any photographs, videos or other Content other than original works created by you or another User;
- post or share any Content that infringes upon or violates the copyright, trademarks or other rights of any third party; or
- attempt to circumvent any content filtering techniques we may employ.
3. Please adhere to the following guidelines when submitting photo content and titles:
- Please keep all contributions civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.