Count on calcium for healthy teeth and bones
Making sure they get enough
Calcium is found in lots of foods that toddlers love – like yogurt, fromage frais, cheese, milk and leafy green vegetables. To make it fun for your toddler to discover new foods you could try setting out a tray with lots of different yummy, calcium-rich treats for them to try – and let them help themselves.
If your toddler is feeling less adventurous than usual, mealtime games will soon get them interested.
Our favourite tips for upping their calcium count:
- Mini-cheeses are perfect for little hands and easy to carry around for an on-the-go calcium boost.
- Tinned sardines are packed with calcium and are great on toast, in pasta or in sandwiches (bread also contains calcium).
- Milk is great – but make sure it’s full-fat.
- Add some broccoli into pasta dishes – you only need a little.
- Little pots or jars of yogurt or fromage frais make a scrummy healthy breakfast or pudding.
With such a lot of growing to do, your toddler needs meals that are calcium-rich and include a wide range of other nutrients too. If you’re looking for a little extra inspiration, we’ve put together lots of delicious toddler recipes for you to try.
For lots more advice and tips about your toddler’s diet, take a look at our helpful feeding articles.
Any more questions?
Our specialist baby advisors and experienced mums are here to talk and ready to help whenever you need them. You can call us 24/7, or we are available on Live Chat 8am-8pm Monday-Friday.