Free weaning plan - Register here
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium courgette
- 50g (2oz) peas
- 1 shallot
- 4 leaves of basil (optional)
- ½ tsp tomato purée
- 25g (1oz) sunflower or olive oil spread
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g (2oz) pitted green olives, rinsed
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 50ml full fat cow’s milk
- 1/5 tbsp grated Parmesan
- ¼ clove garlic
- 6 tbsp pasta, broken into smaller pieces
- Pre heat oven to 170°C / 335°F / Gas Mark 3.5
- Slice and cube the chicken into 5cm pieces. Slice and cube the courgette and carrot in the same way.
- Add the chopped shallot to a cold cooking pot. Add the spread and olive oil and bring to a moderate heat for one minute.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for another one minute.
- While stirring, add the courgette, carrot and the tomato puree and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and garlic and continue cooking for another minute.
- Add the peas and a tablespoon of Parmesan and slowly pour in the milk. Bring to a gentle boil and remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, strain and add to your sauce with the fresh chopped basil and finely chopped green olives.
- Pour into 4 separate small oven dishes (6”x4” / 15cm x 10cm) and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- If you want to freeze for later use, cover the dishes with cling film and allow to cool. Then freeze immediately. You can mark and date them, and they should last for up to three months in the freezer. Remember to defrost fully before cooking.
- To bake, place in the oven for 12 minutes. Allow to cool to a toddler friendly temperature and let your toddler tuck in.
Do not leave your little one unattended when eating and drinking
Need some friendly advice or a bit of reassurance?
Ask us a question (8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm Weekends)
Contact us on Facebook (10am - 10pm, 7 days a week)
Call us on 0800 977 8880 (8am - 8pm Monday to Friday)
Get answers to your most frequently asked questions