Free weaning plan - Register here
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large courgette, trimmed and chopped
- 250g (8oz) risotto rice
- 1 litre (1¾ pints) boiling water
- 185g can tuna fish in spring water
- 10 basil leaves
- Put the oil, onion and celery in a large pan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers and courgette, put the lid on and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice then add 500ml (1 pint) of boiling water and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in more water after about 10 minutes and cook for another 10 minutes before adding the tuna fish and tearing in the basil leaves.
- Leave for 5 minutes.
- Put the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse a few times so that the mixture looks like it's been chopped into small chunky pieces.
Do not leave your little one unattended when eating and drinking
Need some friendly advice or a bit of reassurance?
Ask us a question (8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm Weekends)
Contact us on Facebook (10am - 10pm, 7 days a week)
Call us on 0800 977 8880 (8am - 8pm Monday to Friday)
Get answers to your most frequently asked questions