High protein granola bars
Makes 12 granola bars.
- 2 cups of nuts and seeds - this depends entirely on your preference so use whichever variety you prefer
- 1 ½ cups of oats
- A generous half cup of peanut butter
- A generous half cup of honey
- 10-12 pitted dates
- ½ a cup of shredded coconut (aim for an unsweetened variety)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Put the dates in a blender and process until the chopped pieces easily stick together.
- Melt the peanut butter and the honey in a saucepan and add in the chopped dates.
- Stir until the dates have broken down and the mixture is smooth and spreadable.
- Add the vanilla extract and set aside.
- Blend the nuts and seeds into chunks and combine with the coconut, oats and salt.
- Add to the peanut butter and honey mixture and mix well.
- Line a baking dish with greaseproof paper and add the mixture, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 180 degrees (160 if using a fan oven) for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Once baked, cut into 12 bars whilst still warm, before the mixture hardens.