Bahee Van de Bor
Bahee Van de Bor is a specialist paediatric dietitian and former Great Ormond Street Hospital dietitian. She has over 16 years of experience in paediatrics. She has a special interest in the microbiome and irritable bowel syndrome. She is the host of her Kids Nutrition Podcast and vice chair of the BDA Paediatric Group Committee. In her role as BDA Media spokesperson, Bahee enjoys working with the media.
Education and career
Bahee completed her Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics in New Zealand and is trained on the use of a low FODMAP diet for IBS by Monash University.
In 2005 she authored the first renal recipe book for adults receiving haemodialysis. After working in paediatrics at Starship Children's Hospital in New Zealand, she joined the team at Great Ormond Street Hospital in 2007 before setting up her private practice at Harley Street.
Bahee has been involved in research and publications in the areas of kidney disease, ketogenic diet and the paediatric microbiome.
- Fibre: An essential nutrient for children in health and disease - applying recommendations of an expert consensus. Dr Julie Lanigan and Bahee Van de Bor. COMPLETE NUTRITION. Vol l22. No 6. September 2022
- Probiotics in Paediatrics, Small Talk, December 2021
- Optimal clinical management of children receiving ketogenic parenteral nutrition: a clinical practice guide. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology. July 2019
- Additional author of ‘Ketogenic professional clinical guidelines’, GOSH, UK, 2016
- Hypervitaminosis A is prevalent in children with CKD and contributes to hypercalcemia. Baheerathi Manickavasagar, Andrew McArdle, Pallavi Yadav, Vanessa Shaw, Marjorie Dixonet al. Pediatr Nephrol. 2015; 30: 317–325.
- Ergocalciferol supplementation in children with CKD delays the onset of secondary hyperparathyroidism: a randomized trial. Rukshana Shroff, Mandy Wan, Andrew Gullett, Sarah Ledermann, Rachel Shute, Craig Knott, David Wells, Helen Aitkenhead, Baheerathi Manickavasagar, William van’t Hoff, Lesley Rees. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012 Feb;7(2):216-23
- Joint author of national guidelines ‘Standards of care for the management of children with failure to thrive’, Starship Children’s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand, 2007
- Poster presentation ‘Insight into Resource Development in Nephrology Dietetics’
- Dietetic Association of Australia conference, 2006
- New Zealand Dietetic Association conference, 2005
- ‘The Ultimate Renal Cookbook by Amanaki’; Counties Manukau, Middlemore Hospital, New Zealand, September 2005. Publication of the first renal cookbook for patients receiving haemodialysis.