- 300g of shredded roast chicken (or diced and cooked from scratch if you prefer)
- 2 onions
- 3 small carrots
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves
- 1.4 litres of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Fry the thyme leaves, onions and carrots with the olive oil for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and stir for a few minutes until the chicken is hot throughout before serving.
If you prefer a thicker consistency rather than a broth, pour half of the soup into a blender and blitz until smooth. Add it back into the pan with the rest of the soup and simmer until hot all the way through.
This recipe will make around 4 servings, so why not freeze into individual portions so you can defrost and eat at a later date?