For the base, you’ll need:
- 200g ground almonds (or other nuts if you prefer)
- 50g coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of honey
For the filling you’ll need:
- 2 cups of pecans, plus a few extra for decoration
- 10 - 12 dates
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- To make the crust, mix together the butter or coconut oil, egg, vanilla essence and honey in a blender.
- Add the almonds into the mix and combine.
- Grease a pie dish with coconut oil or butter and add the mixture, pressing it to the bottom of the dish and up the sides.
- Bake until golden, around 10-15 minutes, at 180 degrees (160 if using a fan oven).
- Once baked, remove and allow to cool.
- To make the filling, blend the pecans, dates, cinnamon, coconut milk and coconut oil until fully combined.
- Add to the cooled crust and decorate with the additional pecans.
- Chill in the fridge for around half an hour until set and reasonably firm.
Serve and enjoy!