Cow & Gate First infant milk is a nutritionally complete breastmilk substitute, suitable as the sole source of nutrition from birth and as part of a weaning diet from 6 months to 12 months.
- Contains DHA (Omega-3)*
*As required by the legislation for all infant formula.
Water, Skimmed milk, Lactose (from milk), Vegetable oils (Palm oil, Coconut oil, Rapeseed oil, Sunflower oil, High oleic sunflower oil), Galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) (from milk), Whey protein (from milk), Emulsifiers (Mono- & diglycerides of fatty acids, Soy lecithin), Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), Fish oil, Calcium phosphate, Calcium citrate, Potassium citrate, Oil from Mortierella Alpina, Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, Sodium chloride, Choline chloride, Sodium hydrogen carbonate, Vitamin C, Sodium citrate, Acidity regulator (Citric acid), Calcium chloride, Inositol, Potassium hydroxide, Taurine, Magnesium oxide, Iron lactate, L-Carnitine, Zinc sulphate, Vitamin A, Uridine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Vitamin E, Cytidine 5'-monophosphate, Pantothenic acid, Adenosine 5'-monophosphate, Inosine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Niacin, Guanosine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Copper sulphate, Folic acid, Potassium iodide, Sodium selenite, Vitamin K1, Manganese sulphate, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Vitamin B12.
Allergy advice: for allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Preparation & storage
Please follow these instructions carefully. Failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Shake the bottle/carton of Cow & Gate infant milk before opening. Using the feeding guide, pour the required amount of infant milk into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Cow & Gate first milk can be given at room temperature, or warmed if desired. If warmed, check temperature of feed.
- For hygiene reasons, discard unfinished milk in the feeding bottle as soon as possible, and always within 2 hours.
- Do not heat in a microwave. Hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Infants should be supervised at all times when feeding.
- Once opened, unused infant milk in the 1 litre bottle must be refrigerated immediately and used within 48 hours.
- Cartons can be resealed by holding down the spout – unused feeds must be refrigerated immediately and used within 24 hours.
Other products in this range
Breastfeeding is best for babies. First infant milk should only be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian, pharmacist, or other professional responsible for maternal and child care.
Any more questions?
Our specialist baby advisors and experienced mums are here to talk and ready to help whenever you need them. You can call us 24/7, or we are available on Live Chat 8am-8pm Monday-Friday.